JOIN US AT THE CENTRAL EUROPEAN INTERNET GOVERNANCE FORUM 2017
CHECK “WHO RULES THE INTERNET” yet again on November, 21st
This year's Forum is a unique opportunity to talk talk in an open and unrestrained atmosphere about the most important issues related to the functioning of the Internet, as well as continue discussions initiated in previous years. This year, particularly important topics will be those related to the digital economy and new disruptive technologies based on big data. We will also deal with the issues of hate speech on the Internet, false news and the responsibility of intermediaries for on-line content.
For the first time the Forum is co-organised by stakeholders from the Central European region. We will gather in one place experts not only from Poland, but also the Czech Republic and Hungary: representatives of public administration, business, civil society and science.
We invite all interested in the topic of Internet governance.
Save a space in your calendar – the admission is free, but the knowledge you can gain – priceless.
On the Polish side, the event is being prepared by the Steering Committee of the IGF Poland. It is composed of leaders of four stakeholder groups:
- government – Krzysztof Szubert, Ministry of Digital Affairs
- business – Igor Ostrowski, Dentons
- civil Society – Alek Tarkowski, Centrum Cyfrowe Foundation
- technical organisations – Roman Malinowski, NASK
- scientific community – Prof. Dariusz Jemielniak, Kozminski University
The event co-organisers are our regional partners:
- CZ.NIC – the national domain .cz registry operator
- HTE – Hírközlési és Informatikai Tudományos Egyesület (Scientific Association for Infocommunications Hungary)
- Ministry of National Development of Hungary
- SK-NIC – the national domain .sk registry operator
- Czech Telecommunication Office
- Deputy Prime Minister's Office for Investments and Informatization of the Slovak Republic
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN: www.icann.org)
Questions about the Central European Internet Governance Forum can be sent to email@example.com or submitted by phone at +48 22 245 55 66.